|Product||Active Constituent(s):||Registered For:||Overview||Documents
APVMA Code :33055
|800g/L omethoate(an anticholinesterase compound)||
|For the control of certain pests on cotton, apples, bananas, citrus, lupins, onions, pears, potatoes and ornamentals.
Chemical Group organophosphorus
Add the required quantity of Folimat 800 to water in the spray vat while stirring or with agitators in motion.
- Use a sprayer designed to apply high volumes of water up to the point of run-off and matched to the crop being sprayed.
- Set up and operate the sprayer to achieve even coverage throughout the crop canopy. Apply sufficient water to cover the crop to the point of run-off. Avoid excessive run-off.
- The required water volume may be determined by applying different test volumes, using different settings on the sprayer, fom industry guidelines or expert advice.
- Add the amount of product specified in the Directions for Use table for each 100 L of water. Spray to the point of run-off.
- The required dilute spray volume will change and the sprayer set up and operation may also need to be changed, as the crop grows.
- Use a sprayer designed and set up for concentrate spraying (that is a sprayer which applies water volumes less than those required to reach the point of run-off) and matched to the crop being sprayed.
- Set up and operate the sprayer to achieve even coverage throughout the crop canopy using your chosen water volume.
- Determine an appropriate dilute spray volume (see Dilute Spraying above) for the crop canopy. This is needed to calculate the concentrate mixing rate.
- The mixing rate for concentrate spraying can then be calculated in the following way:
- Dilute spray volume as determined above: For example 1500 L/ha
- Your chosen concentrate spray volume: For example 500 L/ha
- The concentration factor in this example is: 3 x (ie 1500 L ÷ 500 L = 3)
- For the dilute label rate of 75 ml/100 L, the concentrate rate becomes 3 x 75, that is 225 ml/100 L of concentrate spray.
- The chosen spray volume, amount of product per 100 L of water, and the sprayer set up and operation may need to be changed as the crop grows.
- DO NOT use a concentrate rate higher than that specified in the CRITICAL COMMENTS.
- For further information on concentrate spraying , users are advised to consult relevant industry guidelines, undertake appropriate competency training and follow industry Best Practices.
Folimat 800 Insecticide Spray has been usedon a wide range of ornamental plant species without damage. However, some species and varieties are particularly sensitive to chemical sprays and as this is often related to local conditions it is advisable to treat only a small number of plants first, in order to ascertain their reaction before treating the whole crop.
Folimat 800 is compatible with Antracol®, Nitofol®, white oil, misting oil, water miscible oil. Do not mix concentrates together but add each to the spray tank separately. As formulations of other manufacturers' products are beyond the control of Arysta LifeScience Corporation, all mixtures should be tested prior to mixing commercial quantities. As changes in climatic conditions can alter the sensitivity of plants to mixtures of sprays, Arysta LifeScience cannot be responsible for the behaviour of such mixtures.
Insecticide Resistance Warning
For insecticide resistance management Folimat is a Group 1B insecticide. Some naturally occurring insect biotypes resistant to Folimat and other Group 1B insecticides may exist through normal genetic variability in any insect population. The resistant individuals can eventually dominate the insect population if Folimat and other Group 1B insecticides are used repeatedly. The effectiveness of Folimat on resistant individuals could be significantly reduced. Since occurrence of resistant individuals is difficult to detect prior to use, Arysta LifeScience Corporation accepts no liability for any losses that may result from the failure of Folimat to control insects. Folimat may be subject to specific resistance management strategies. For further information contact your local supplier, Arysta LifeScience representative or local agricultural department agronomist.
Protection of Livestock
Dangerous to bees. DO NOT spray any plants in flower while bees are foraging.
Protection of wildlife, fish, crustaceans and environment
DO NOT contaminate streams, rivers or waterways with the chemical or used containers.
Very dangerous, partucularly the concentrate. Product and spray are poisonous if absorbed by skin contact, inhaled or swallowed. Repeated exposure may cause allergic disorders. Repeated minor exposure may have a culmative poisoning effect. Sensitive workers should use protective clothing. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Do not inhale spray mist. Obtain an emergency supply of atropine tablets 0.6mg. When preparing spray wear cotton overalls buttoned to the neck and wrist and a washable hat, elbow-length PVC gloves and face shield. If product on skin, immediately wash area with soap and water. After use and before eating, drinking or smoking, wash hands, arms and face thoroughly with soap and water. After each day's use wash gloves, face shield and contaminated clothing.
Store in the closed, original container in a cool, dry and well ventilated area. Do not store for prolonged periods in direct sunlight. Store in a locked room or place away from children, animals, food, feedstuffs, seed and fertilisers.
Triple or preferably pressure rinse containers before disposal. Add rinsings to spray tank. Do not dispose of undiluted chemicals on site. If recycling, replace cap and return clean containers to recycler or designated collection point. If not recycling, break, crush or puncture and bury empty containers in a local authority landfill. If no landfill is available, bury the container below 500 mm in a disposal pit specifically marked and set up for this purpose, clear of waterways, desirable vegetation and tree roots. Empty containers and product should not be burnt.
THIS PRODUCT IS TOO HAZARDOUS FOR USE IN THE HOME GARDEN
Lupins, onions: DO NOT HARVEST FOR 14 DAYS AFTER APPLICATION
Cotton: DO NOT HARVEST FOR 21 DAYS AFTER APPLICATION
Bananas (bell injection): DO NOT HARVEST FOR 6 WEEKS AFTER APPLICATION
Bananas (throat spray): DO NOT HARVEST FOR 4 DAYS AFTER APPLICATION
Other edible crops: DO NOT HARVEST FOR 7 DAYS AFTER APPLICATION
Do not allow entry into treated areas for 1 day after treatment. When prior entry is necessary,wear cotton overalls buttoned to the neck and wrist and a washable hat, chemical resistant gloves and impervious footwear. Clothing must be laundered after each day's use.
Product details last updated on
DISCLAIMER: This is not the FOLIMAT label. To view or print the label for this product, click the "MSDS/Label" tab at the top of this page. Always follow label instructions.
For specialist advice in an EMERGENCY only phone 1800 033 111, TOLL-FREE, ALL-HOURS, NATIONWIDE